Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trial and Error w/ Postcards



So if anyone reads this, they might want to know of my STRUGGLE!!!!!!!!! Um, I originally wanted to do my postcard of the chinese girl and the chinese foo dog, so I spent like.....3-4 hours coloring it when I decided it looked gross on a postcard. It was more of a circular/oval design, which is fine for cutting out around it but I don't think I want that. SOOOOOOOOOO....I thought a lot about my poster and how it flowed well in the rectangular space and came up with the girl+salmon+pelican design you see above. I like it a lot better, the colors are less eye-burny and I think it is a better representation of me. I like drawing fancy ladies and aminals. UMMMMMM. Yeah. So I will probably go with the fancy lady, but I think I'll print both out before ordering the 100 postcards of whichever I choose.

PS--MCDERMOTT I TOTALLY INKED THE SECOND ONE WITH A BRUSH HECK YEAH

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally the girl+salmon+pelican design is the nicer of the two. After seeing yours I now feel bad about my postcard :(

Kayla Cline said...

No way dude, I'm sure yours is awesome! I'm super excited to see everyone's....postcards are cool :0 I hope everyone prints them and gives them out or something, that'd be a nice thing to have from everyone.

Lighthouse Pilot said...

You guys both rocked the postcards.

I'm especially impressed you used the brush. Nice work. How'd you like it?